Our Little Piece of Heaven

"YOU DON'T HAVE A GARDEN JUST FOR YOURSELF. YOU HAVE IT TO SHARE." Augusta Carter







Monday, June 18, 2012

THE MASTER CARVER AT WORK AGAIN!

As those of you who follow my blog know that my husband is very good at creating masterpieces in my garden; however, he also has another past time of which he very talented at . . . . . MASTER CARVER!

He has been making turkey calls and competing in national level competitions at the National Wild Turkey Federations for many years!  He has several awards to show for it! 

We have been taking very enjoyable drives to the river to collect driftwood for some of his work!  On one of our trips he found a piece of driftwood which was very unique and he carved me an amazing piece for my living room!  I thought I would share it with you!


He carved the face into the piece of driftwood!  He is very talented and definitely has an eye for carving!  I am so happy to have this piece made by him!

4 comments:

  1. Exquisite! You're very lucky to have such a talented husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He is very talented. I am not sure how he does it, but he is definitely very creative! Happy Gardening! Mindy

      Delete
  2. That is just awesome! What talent! Does he do this as hobby to sell or something? Well, beautiful work any how! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! He does these particular driftwood pieces as a hobby! He really enjoys it! Maybe someday he will sell them, who knows??? Mindy

    ReplyDelete