Our Little Piece of Heaven

"YOU DON'T HAVE A GARDEN JUST FOR YOURSELF. YOU HAVE IT TO SHARE." Augusta Carter







Tuesday, July 31, 2012

AND THE FARM GROWS AGAIN! SHADE GARDEN ADDITION

OUR MINI FARM GROWING AGAIN!

With a slight break in the temps this weekend, my very talented husband finished the new addition to our mini farm!  My brother had given us a set of cages he received for free from a friend of his, and my husband's mind started working!


Here are the cages as we received them:

We then decided to move the location of Oreo and Daisy's cage in order for the larger addition to fit in this location well!  We also had this small dog fence on our property as well.  It had some vining weeds growing through it and my daughter worked to remove those.  We are not sure if we like the fence in this area or not, we are giving it some time to see if it grows on us.   If we keep the fence there, it will be an area for the bunnies to get some exercise and somewhat of a safe haven for the chickens.  My husband had mentioned something about eventually building an enclosed area here, instead of using the fence. 


Here is a picture of the finished project.  This is the front of the area!

Here is a picture of the back of the area.  As you can see my husband has built boxes on each side of the new addition!  To the left will be the "chicken coop", complete with nesting boxes for the egg layers!  We plan on creating a ladder for the chickens so that they can enter and exit their coop!

Last but not least, here is the newest addition to our farm, Dusty.  He is a buck that we picked out from our favorite farm, 3G Farms!  A special thanks to them for their contribution to this new addition!

DUSTY
So with the construction complete on our newest project on the farm, now my work begins.  As soon as our temps begin to cool down a bit, I will be able to begin some landscaping for this area.  I have already done a lot of research on shade plants and will continue my research in order to pretty up the newest area of our farm! 

THERE ARE TREASURES HIDDEN UNDER THE WEEPING WILLOW TREE!

Happy Gardening!
Mindy

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Mindy, thanks for stopping by my blog and joining as a follower. Can't wait to read more on your blog. Dusty is mighty pretty..I love the natural look. We hope to be getting set up sometime before the end of the year to raise meat rabbits.
    Berte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Berte, I enjoyed visiting your blog and look forward to following in the future! Best of luck on your rabbit endeavors. Currently I am using the rabbit manure for my garden, it is a great asset in the garden!
      Mindy

      Delete
  2. Mindy I love projects like this and I am redoing some of my areas too...what a cute addition to the farm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Projects are awesome! Best of luck with your redo's! Thank you for following my blog! Happy Gardening! Mindy

      Delete