Our Little Piece of Heaven

"YOU DON'T HAVE A GARDEN JUST FOR YOURSELF. YOU HAVE IT TO SHARE." Augusta Carter







Monday, March 5, 2012

MORE AND MORE BLOOMS EVERY DAY


Posted by PicasaEvery day that I take a stroll I find more life to my gardens.  I love spring with the Daffodils and Crocus, such pretty colors.  The bottom right pictures is a picture of a plant that I purchased at the end of the season last year called Mr. Goldstrike!  It is a beautiful foliage perennial.  The bottom right pictures is a beautiful shrub that is now blooming that was given to me by my girls and husband for Mother's Day!  What a beautiful cascade of flowers it produces!  Top corner pictures are of my very first Hellebore!  I think it is sprouting a bloom from the base of the plant.  I am so excited.  I purchased it last May at a Master Gardner plant sale in my area!  It is my first Hellebore!  Can't wait to see the blooms!

Busy day today transplanting my broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower into larger containers!  As you can see they are definitely ready to be transplanted. 
I had my assembly line ready.  I am trying some organic fish fertilizer.  This will be a new thing, anxious to see how it works!  I also transplanted some Kale (Blue, Curled) outside!  I am not sure how this will do, but I am going to give it a shot, as it is not really a plant you start indoors in my area. 

Happy Gardening and Happy Spring (14 days away)!
Mindy

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mindy, Your seedlings are doing great. I love your pretty mosaic as well. Have a glorious day!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots doing in your garden. Here in central NY we are still cold with a bit of snow...we are due for a warm up starting tomorrow so I am hopeful the garden will finally thaw and bloom. I am just beginning my seeds indoors for planting out at the end of May.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy gardening! I use Alaska Fish fertilizer every year. My plants love it. I buy the one that's had wintergreen added so my garden doesn't smell fishy. Your seedlings look great!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping bye...i have looked over your blog and it seems interesting...will have to stop bye when i have a little more time..also thanks for following my blog..nice to see who stops bye..your garden looks great...wish i could get more going for mine...trying as i speak..xo ~sabri~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog also! I look foward to following yours in the future! Happy Gardening! Mindy

      Delete