Our Little Piece of Heaven

"YOU DON'T HAVE A GARDEN JUST FOR YOURSELF. YOU HAVE IT TO SHARE." Augusta Carter







Monday, July 4, 2011

THE BEGINNING

Hi and Happy Fourth of July!  This is the beginning of my gardening blog, a way for me to share my gardening passion with others in the world.  When searching for the name of my blog, I found the perfect word to describe my passion for gardening - EBULLIENT - Meaning lively and enthusiastic, full of cheerful excitement or enthusiasm.  Well, that definitely describes me when I get into my gardening world!  There could be no better time to start my blog, but when the gardens are in full bloom and everything is looking its best! 

My name is Mindy.  My husband, two daughters, and I live on our "Little Piece of Heaven on Earth" which is 8 1/2 acres located near the Ohio River in Southern Indiana.  We have been lived here for 18 years.  What a beautiful place it is!!!
Pine Tree Daylily Bed
"Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads." 
Henry David Thoreau

I love Daylilies!

2 comments:

  1. Well I am going to be your first follower! Blogging is fun, even if you just do it for yourself - it will be nice to look back on over the winter.

    What zone are you in, in Indiana.

    You sound a lot like me, I'm also 'ebullient' about gardening and live on a couple of acres, which we have called 'heaven' many times. I feel that way as soon as I get on our road to come home.

    I look forward to seeing many more photos of your garden.

    Cheers from Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging! Have fun with it -- it can be addicting...H'm...kind of like gardening :-)

    ReplyDelete