Our Little Piece of Heaven

"YOU DON'T HAVE A GARDEN JUST FOR YOURSELF. YOU HAVE IT TO SHARE." Augusta Carter







Sunday, July 10, 2011

CREAMED CUCUMBER RECIPE

I found a really good recipe to help use up the surplus of cucumbers everyone seems to have at some point in the gardening season!            

CREAMED CUCUMBERS

3 to 4 cucmbers, peeled and sliced
3/4 c. mayonnaise-style salad dressing
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. white vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
Optional:  1 onion, thinnly sliced
    (I did not use onion in mine)



Place cucumbers in a serving bowl.  Mix together remaining ingredients, except onion and pour over cucumbers.  Mix well.  Fold in onion, if desired.  Cover and refrigerate several hours before serving. 
Makes 6 to 8 servings


OUR REVIEW:  This is really a good recipe.  You will be surprised at how they taste!  I was very excited to have tried this one!
 
The Finished Dish!


THIS RECIPE COURTESY OF:
"MOM'S VERY BEST RECIPES"
GOOSEBERRY PATCH


1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for a descent creamed cucumber recipe for such a long time. I thank you and So does my HUSBAND!!!! Virginia

    ReplyDelete