Our Little Piece of Heaven

"YOU DON'T HAVE A GARDEN JUST FOR YOURSELF. YOU HAVE IT TO SHARE." Augusta Carter







Friday, September 16, 2011

OH THE JOYS OF GARDEN VISITORS!

What a neat day! Luck was on my side as I sat in my chair on my porch early this morning! The visitors were excited and hurriedly visiting each of the plants still flowering in my garden.

As a lot of you know, some days you have "good photography days" and some days are not so good! Well, this just so happened to be a good day for me!

I was very happy to see that the Hummingbirds were still enjoying the flowers of my garden. The yellow finch was waiting for me to leave my seat so that he could visit the finch feeder I have on my porch. He did actually fly to the feeder to get a snack, but at that point he was actually to close for me to get a good picture.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!

Happy Gardening! Mindy
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. What gorgeous pictures...you are right feast or famine some days...so happy to see the hummers still buzzing around...it means we still have some warm days ahead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, Mindy. I really enjoyed seeing the hummers and the goldfinch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! You have Hummingbirds...we have Starlings! GRRR x

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have some very exotic looking visitors, Mindy. The image of the hummingbird is particularly sharp. as Jane says we don't have them over here in the UK. But I like starlings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely photos mindy! a lucky day indeed :)
    happy gardening!
    -angel

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! You have so many wonderful garden visitors.

    ReplyDelete